Today, most people are browsing the Internet on their smartphones such as Android or iPhone anywhere – home, public places, etc. According to Pew Research Center report, twenty percent of Americans access mobile Internet each day and the number is on the rise. According to ComScore, there are 73 million Americans accessed the Internet via a mobile browser in 2010, which is an increase of 31% over the previous year. In order to covert this into a business opportunity, more and more automobile dealerships are making their websites mobile optimized.
- Improved user experience: The mobile websites are specifically designed for the mobile phones, smartphones and other handheld devices. It makes no need to browse a desktop website on their devices. The research on a mobile website shows that the optimized websites significantly improve mobile site user satisfaction and experience. Which makes a positive impression on the automobile dealership when it counts.
- Cost effective and more flexible than mobile application: Making an application for the automobile dealership is expensive. When a dealer decides to make an app for their business, it needs to develop for each platform of the phones like Android, Apple, Blackberry, etc. Then they have to submit them in each app store. The maintenance for the app is also high. When it comes to a mobile optimized website, only a website will be created for the mobiles. The users can browse the complete website through their mobile web browser without install any new application.
- Faster download speed: Mobile websites are designed more specifically for optimal performance with limited data. They help load or download the website quickly in the mobile web browser. The mobile phones Internet is slow and the has less capacity in resources to browse the Internet than a computer. So when the customer is browsing a standard website in his phone, it will take a lot of time. In case of mobile optimized website this problem is reduced.
- Brand identity: Having up to date changes as per the new trends in the market, which is followed by the majority of the customers will help to grab their attention quickly and gives a brand identity. A mobile optimized website helps to presents a positive and stand out, contemporary brand identity for the auto dealership among others.
- Competitive advantage: Having a mobile optimized website helps to stand on the competitive environment among other auto dealerships. If the website is not compatible for the mobile phone or smartphone, the user can try for another one. So here you lose a customer.
When a mobile phone or smartphone scanned a printed QR code, translate it into an electronic messaging such as SMS message or an email address, or a website URL. These codes are using in Japanese and European advertisements for years and now it is getting increase in usage in United States. It gives the chance to print on bills, paper advertisements, posters and other printed sources available to customer and can quickly access with their smartphone.
Modern automobiles are being equipped with new technologies. The vehicle to infrastructure communication technology is one of the new developments in the field of intelligent transportation system. The vehicle to infrastructure communication system is used for the safety. The v2i communication system uses wireless technology.
Through the exchange of safety and operational data between the vehicle and the surrounding infrastructure to avoid accidents. It also enables a wide range of safety benefits.
The v2i communication system uses SPAT software to send information to the vehicle.
Wireless access points are arrange on the sides of the road to exchange information.
How vehicle to infrastructure communication system works
The v2i communication system works with wireless technology. To exchange the information between the vehicle and the infrastructure for safety of vehicle. Through roadside access points the data is transferred in both ways.
The vehicles are equipped with data exchange gadgets and roadside access units (RAU) are equipped on the sides of the road. The RAUs are connected to a back end infrastructure. Whenever traffic jam occurs the information is sent to the vehicle way before it reaches there and show the another direction through GPS technology. it also used to broadcast information from vehicle to vehicle through information application server.
Once the RAU’S are installed and they work efficiently. The RAUs installed in such a way that if the coverage range another RAU’S is installed connectivity will not break.
The RAU transmits the invite message to all the vehicles within the coverage range of every RUS. In each vehicle, a device is installed to receive invitation signals. This is device is know as OBU (On Board Units). Once the vehicle is pass through the range of the RAU it stops signaling and send the information to the next RAU and also send the information to the vehicle.
First, the RAU checks whether the vehicles are going in the correct direction or not if it is going in wrong direction it send the information to vehicle through message. It also monitors the speed of the vehicle until it pass through its range.
The RAU also sends the signal messages warning that work in progress a head. The warning signals are sent to vehicle when it is at a distance. It sends the message to go slow or to take another direction. If the vehicle OBU sends the message preferring another direction, so does the RAU.
It also sends signal messages from vehicle to vehicle for avoiding crash. This is how the vehicle to infrastructure communication system works. It is one of the most efficient technologies used in in modern automobiles today.
Due to the combustion process, vehicle engines will produce tremendous heat. To maintain the engine properly from temperature cooling system will help. If you are properly caring your cooling system, the radiator problems can prevent for a long period. In this article we will see some of the common problems that faced by the car radiators.
- Radiator leaks: The leaks in radiator are generally caused because of old age, or with an accident. Flying rocks or stones on the road can also do serious damage. These have to be repaired or replaced immediately. The leaks in the radiator would cause to loss of coolant and it lead to engine overheat. Locating the radiator leaks is more difficult than hoses problems. You can identify the leak position by observing steam or bubbles coming from radiator. Sometimes these leaks can be patched but this is a tricky job.
- Rust: The radiators are made of metal susceptible to rust. In modern radiators, plastic top is using but inside of the radiator consistently exposed to moisture. Check for the coolant color and level in the radiator. If you find the fluid brown in color, the cooling system has excessive rust, and the recommended action is flushing it out.
Check for the signs of rust on radiator cap and its surrounding. The rust is heavy, you need to inspect the radiator also. By using high quality anti freeze or coolant mixed with distilled water in right amount. The coolant system metal parts made of aluminum. It will get benefited with coolant and distilled water but not with tap water. Flushing the radiator once per year will give good performance and rust free.
- Fan failed: The air is pulled through the radiator by an electric fan in the modern cars. It keeps the car cool at low speeds and when idle. If the car heat is fine on the freeways, but in traffic or idle it is overheating indicates the problem of the fan in the radiator.
- Electrical problems: Electrochemical reaction will occur when there are any faulty ignition wires inside the radiator tubes. Electromagnetic energy is naturally given out by the ignition wires. The radiator tubes are prone to be affected by the faulty ignition wires. The stray currents by those ignition wires will destroy the unit but slowly.
Car radiators usually last for a period of five years. If your vehicle is more than five years age old, you might have noticed the symptoms like the engine producing little more heat than before. This is the indication for the damage of your vehicle radiator. You have to replace your radiator or need some repairs.
There are different types of suspension systems available for cars for front and rear axles. Most prominent types are dependent suspension and independent suspension systems for both front and rear. These also apply to other types of vehicles such as semi trucks. Each type of suspension system contains and use shock absorbers and springs. If there are only springs in the suspension system, your car would boat and wallow along with the road while you are driving. To overcome this problem, shock absorbers or dampers are used. Now we will see different types of suspensions.
- Front suspension system: There are again two types of suspension systems for front. Those are dependent system and independent system. If a rigid axle binds the wheel to do not move independently is known as dependent system. If the wheels are permitted to move independently is known as independent system. The following are the some of the common suspensions that used in mainstream cars.
- Dependent front suspension systems: In the dependent front suspension system front wheels are connected with rigid front axle. Basically, it is under the front of the car and looks like a solid bar. It is kept there along with shock absorbers and leaf springs. These are common on trucks but in mainstream cars, it haven’t been used for years.
- Independent front suspension systems: This system was developed by the General Motors in the year 1947. This is the widely used suspension system in cars especially those of European origin.
- Rear suspension system: The rear suspension system also has both dependent and independent systems. Now we will see them.
- Dependent rear suspension system: The suspension system in a car is usually quite simple if solid axle connects the rear wheels. American automakers are using this in car manufacturing for years because of its simplicity. These are based on either a coil spring or a leaf spring. In the old design, leaf springs are directly clamped to drive axle and the ends of leaf springs attached to the car frame. The shock absorber holds axle and spring as it is attached at clamp. By replacing the leaf springs with coil springs, same can be achieved. In this case, the shock absorber and the spring mounted as a separate components or single unit. The springs can be smaller when they are separate.
- Independent rear suspension system: If both front and rear suspensions are independent, all wheels sprung individually and mounted. Any suspension that are used in the front can use in the rear also. But in the rear suspension system, steering rack is not appeared. Steering rack is the assembly of gear wheel and it enables to turn the wheels side to side, which means these are simplified versions of the front suspension systems.
All the basic principles in both front and rear suspension systems are same as per its dependent and independent methods. Even the parts of the system like springs and shock absorbers also used almost in same way.
Auto transmission is an expensive part of the car to replace. Therefore, it is important for you to maintain the transmission of your car and spot minor problems if any, before the car breaks down. This article provides a few tips that are likely to help you avoid failure of the auto transmission.
Check the level of the fluid
The fluid in an auto transmission is the life blood is its life blood. Its operating efficiency is dependent on the fluid that keeps it smooth and lubricated. For checking the level of the fluid, make sure that the car is parked and in running condition. Slowly pull out the transmission dipstick and check to ensure that the fluid is red and does not have any kind of unpleasant odor. When transmission fluid is in transparent and red in color, it means that it is in good condition, and if the fluid is brown or black in color or smells burnt, you need to have your vehicle checked by an experienced mechanic as early as possible in order to avoid damage.
Be aware of unusual noises
Most of the transmission problems start out small and get worse over the time. To catch any problem in your transmission, it is important for you to be aware of any unusual sounds, behavior or vibrations from your vehicle and have them checked at the earliest.
Check for any leakage
For any leaks, check the bottom part of your car. The color of transmission fluid is red and if there is any leakage, you should be able to spot it clearly. If you spot any leakage, check with the transmission dealer at the earliest, because if the fluid level goes below the recommended level, your transmission is at the risk of getting damaged.
Service your transmission regularly
There are number of properties in the transmission fluid that can wear out over time, which can damage your transmission. The best way to keep your transmission in good condition is to get it serviced regularly. Fluid and filter change can increase the life span of your auto transmission.
Tune the engine
In today’s cars, the engines and transmission are linked more than the cars in the past. A problem in your engine can put strain on your transmission. This is why it is important to keep your engine tuned. A well tuned engine reduces stress on your transmission and thus your transmission last longer without any major repairs.
Following these tips is likely to lead to optimal functionality of auto transmission of your car.