Language interpretation deals with oral translation for people communicating in different languages which makes it harder and is about talking, hearing, culture, simultaneous decisions and meanings.
Types of language interpretation
- It is the most effective form of interpretation used for large conferences and meetings.
- The interpreter delivers the message as quickly as she/ he can formulate it from the source language, while the speaker speaks continuously sitting in a sound proof booth through a microphone while seeing the speaker and hearing him through ear phones.
- A higher level education, preparation and training is required for the interpreters for carrying out this type of interpretation.
- Relay interpretation is generally used when there are several target languages.
- A source language interpreter translates the text to a language common to every interpreter where they then renders the message to respective target languages.
- It is a form of interpretation where the interpreter stands or sits and continuously whispers next to the person who requires interpretation.
- It is usually used when one or two people doesn’t understand the source language.
- No need of any technical equipment.
- In this type of language interpretation the interpreter speaks once the speaker finishes his speech.
- Following the speech is divided in to segments and the interpreter stands or sits beside the speaker listening and notes down.
- It is most efficient if used at presentations and meetings with small number of audience.
- The interpreter needs to have excellent understanding, concentration and memory.
- It is also known as bilateral interpretation often used for small business meetings, court interpreting etc.
- Liaison interpretation involves relaying what is spoken to one or among many people which can be done after short speech or consecutively sentence by sentence.
- This type of interpretation also used for community interpreting as of lawyers, hospitals, doctors,schools and social services.
An interpreter should be expertise to translate the words rendered in two directions. One should interpret without using any reference material and should use only their knowledge. They should act as a connection between people by delivering emotions, intentions and appropriate tone. A role of an interpreter is more complex as they deal with both language and people.
There are different methods of learning language that one can use and employ for speeding up the process of learning. The success of the method chosen for learning a language depends on various factors including budget, age, personality and the amount of time that one likes to spare. Somethings that work for some people might not work for other people. Thus, it is important to consider each method of learning language and determine how it suits you. Below are the different methods of learning language, have a look at the same.
Methods of learning language
1) Group interaction
This method represents the traditional way of learning in classroom environment. The techniques of language taught in the classroom vary but mainly consist of word repetition conducted by the teacher. The environment of classroom creates a feeling of competition between the learners, thus motivating them to learn a new language and do well. Often students in the class does not like their teacher to let down and as much as possible they try to do their best in order to be praised by them. Thus again a motivating factor in learning language successfully.
2) Study Via Language Learning Software
Nowadays, learning language through learning software has become most popular way. There are many reasons for this, that includes flexibility, study time, an approach that is multi faceted and the most affordable way of learning and studying than to attend classes or have a private tutor. The most important thing about learning through software is that they use the best techniques of learning, thus creating an interactive package for the learner. For instance, teacher is present through video for motivating and engaging the learners as done in the classroom, audio via digital devices is provided and also literature for reading. In many cases, certificates are also given when progressing through levels that provides a sense of achievement which is very important for optimizing success.
3) Old Fashioned Image Recall Technique
A classic method of learning language and can be practiced at home, either by buying a program or simply using a website. It gives an idea to you by looking at the image and hearing the native word for that image, thus helps to develop a mental association between the two. So when you are attempting to recall the words later, the image will appear in your mind thus making successful in remembering. Studies show that this method is very useful and works best for children.
Traveling to new places exposes you to new traditions, culture, society, people, foods and language. These aspects are different form our native culture and excite us the most. We like to learn a lot about these aspects, for which we need to interact with the native people. For this interaction you need to learn their language.
Music, arts, literature and other entertainment means create interest in learning the language of the new place. A language by itself has unique beauty and hence it should be learned. But learning a language of particular region to which you are traveling to will help you in making basic conversations with the native speakers to know important places and their significance, to order native foods, to know the local rules and regulations, to know important details of travel like train/flight timings, fares, etc.
Though traveling provokes you to learn a language out of need, it is also very much useful in getting access to many entertainment activities, apart from literature and arts. As every art and literature is a treasure which helps you in knowing the history of that particular region, learning that particular language will help you in gaining knowledge about the history. This widens your knowledge about the places.
Since, you have a real time experience at a place which is very memorable, traveling plays a key role in generating interest in a particular language and continue the same interest to learn it. Hence, the next time you travel any place, you are sure to not only bring memories, but also some knowledge about a new language.