Network monitoring refers to the system that constantly monitors a computer network for slow or failing components and that notifies the network administrator (via email, SMS or other alarms) in case of any breakdown. Sometimes it is said as a subset of the functions involved in network management. In order to see the operation of the computer network, it uses some specialized management software tools. Network Monitoring systems are used to ensure availability and overall performance of computers and network services.
The main features of Network monitoring is it can detect and report the failures of devices or connections which means it can alert a network administrator to problems caused by overloaded systems, lost network connections, crashed servers, virus or mall-ware infections, and power outages and other things. It normally measures the host’s processor utilization, the network bandwidth utilization of links and other aspects of operation. Sometimes, it will often send messages over the network to each host to verify it is responsive to requests. When failures occur, compulsory there will be a slow response, or other unexpected behavior is detected, these systems send alerts to respective locations such as management server, an email address, or a phone number to notify system administrators.
Network monitoring can be done by sending a “ping,” or test, to each computer on the network. Is the computer does not respond or takes too long to respond, the network monitoring system does its job by notifying the problem to the network administrator.
However, network monitoring is also a basic tracking of the flow of visitors to and from a website, also tracking such statistics as visit time, number of pages on the sited visited, and entry and exit URLs. Large scale corporate and university IT networks only employs this network monitoring system.
Using wall decals is the most interesting way of designing your interiors and they can be used in many ways to change the appearance of the entire environment. The innovative nature of today’s people made them look for different things which are flexible for any kind of interior. For such people wall decals are really of much because of the following factors. The following things will let you know the factors which made wall decals most popular and user friendly decorations.
Different sizes and shapes: The main advantage of wall decals is their availability in different sizes, shapes, colors and patterns. These features help the users to choose one that best suits their indoor environment and different aspects in their room. They can choose either a big sized or a small sized wall decal depending on the requirement and the size of the room. They are best used to break the monotony of a room and make it look fuller. And the colors, you can choose one which can be a perfect match to the remaining furnishings and the interiors of the room.
Easy to Use: The next factor which made them popular is the ease in using them. Unlike the traditional and other interior decorations, using wall decals do not require any professional assistance and could be used with a very little effort by anyone who wishes to change the look of their rooms using wall decals.
Removable and replaceable: The unique feature in these wall decals is the flexibility in removing and replacing them. Whenever you want to change the décor of your room you can simply remove the existing wall decal and place a new one in its place. It never leaves any residues of gum or impression. Moreover, if you want to use it again, you can remove it and place it in another location then and there and hence can be replaceable very easily.
Less expensive: Of all the factors which made them popular, their less price is given much importance. As they are less expensive and affordable than any other interior decorations, any one can make their interiors look fresh by making cost effective purchases.
The above are the factors which made wall decals very popular.
A dental abscess is a condition which is caused due to the complication of dental infection. Bacteria that is present in plaque, infect the tooth and make their way into the tooth and then to the gums. This make the gums inflamed at the tissue surrounding the root of the tooth called periodontal ligament and can separate it from the base of the tooth. This separation of periodontal ligament from the root results in a tiny gap called periodontal pocket. As bacteria builds up in the periodontal pocket, periodontal abscess is formed.
There are two causes of dental infection.
1) Periodical abscess.
2) Periodontal abscess.
Bacteria enters the tooth through tiny holes caused by tooth decay (caries) that form in the tooth enamel (hard outer layer of the tooth). Eventually, these caries break down dentin, the soft layer of tissue present under the enamel. In case the decay continues still inside the tooth, the bacteria will eventually penetrate in to the soft inner pulp of the tooth – infection of the pulp is called pulpits. This is known as periodical abscess.
Periodontal abscess :
Some food particles, acidic drinks which are remained in dead tissues present in your mouth can directly enter the once protected tooth pulp tissues or the area right below the tooth root. In case of decayed tooth, the tooth enamel is so weak that the food particles present in the mouth can deeply penetrate into the inner layers of the teeth and can lead to a tooth infection which inflame the flow of blood vessels around the tooth.
Patient will have the need to go to periodontists when the bacteria which is present in plaque infects the gums. Early treatment of infection will prevent further complications from taking place. (more…)
Industrial fans and blowers are both mechanical devices which are used for circulating air in industries. Fan is a single unit whereas a blower is combination of devices which consists of a fan too. The main difference between them is the difference in air circulation. Apart from their differences, fans and blowers in industries are usually used as synonyms to each other.
Depending on air flow
- A fan circulates air inside the entire room or place, but a blower only focuses on a particular area.
- Blower consists of a fan, channels to direct air to a specific location.
- A fan is a device which is used to create flow within a fluid. On the other hand blower is a device which produces large change in volumes of fluids with a small variation in pressure.
- Both are used in ventilation, electrical application like air conditioning, microwaves, furnaces etc.
Depending on the design
- Fan consists of vanes or blades that rotate and influence air. The rotating assembly of blades and hub is called an impeller or a rotor or a runner.
- Blower consists of small blades on circumference of wheel, and a casing arrangement to direct the flow of air. In blower, casing uses centrifugal force to propel air into open area.
- Depending on design of blades and its effect on the air, efficiency and airflow they can be differentiated from one other.
- In case of size blowers are usually large when compared to fans.
- In terms of energy consumption, fans consume less energy and are more efficient than blowers.
- In terms of airflow blowers discharge more airflow than a fan.
- The suction ratio of blower is more than the fan.
- In case of types of fans there are axial and centrifugal fans which are again sub divided, whereas blowers are just of two types they are centrifugal blowers and positive displacement blowers.
- Fan uses less pressure to create large amounts of fluid.
- Blower uses high pressure to produce large amounts of fluid.
- Pressure ratio
- As the pressure is lesser in fans the pressure ratio will be lesser for them. The value of pressure ratio is 1.1.
- The pressure ratio for blowers is 1.1 to 1.2.
- Air area
- As fans circulate air in the entire area of a room the air area will be higher.
- Blowers just simply focus air to a particular area, so the area covered will be less.
- Parts consisted of
- Fan consists of motor and blades which are run by electricity.
- Blower consists of a fan, outer cover, inlet, outlet and channels. The motor in fan is run by electricity.
Blower is significantly used in high pressure applications and fans are used in low pressure industrial applications.
Every mechanical component or a device is made up of material. Similarly ventilation system parts are also made of metal alloys, fiber, wood etc. Main parts of the ventilation system are made of metal alloys which have high strength and low density.
- They usually have good hardness, less distortion, greater ductility, greater temperature resistance, greater stress relief, easy of machining, high elastic ratio and high endurance strength. Steel alloys are more in number which means alloy steels have more number of compositions.
- The main advantage of the steel based alloy is that by changing the amount of the alloying element we can achieve a varying property.
- The reason for using the steel to make ventilation parts is that, the contaminated air will have many different things inside it, so that it will damage the given part.
- Steel alloys are vulnerable to corrosion, so they are usually preferred in a place where they are less exposed to moisture or any fluid particles.
- Aluminum is the lightest weight element and the alloys composed of the aluminum are also light weight. So when the parts made of this element having less weight are placed on the roof of the working surface it will have very less impact on the roof.
- Some properties of aluminum are low density, high strength, superior malleability, easy machining, excellent corrosion resistance and good thermal conductivity.
- Due to these characters, the aluminum alloy is better material to use in ventilation system.
- The main advantage of the aluminum metal is it can form matrix which provides a support for the reinforcement in the aluminum alloy.
- In high temperature applications cobalt and nickel alloy are used. Aluminum alloys are used in making the ventilation parts like vanes or turbine, outer sheet wrapped around the parts of vanes, parts which are exposed to the moisture or any fluid particles etc.
- So, aluminium alloys are highly preferable in conditions with more moisture content when compared with steel alloys.
- When costs of both the alloys are compared, aluminum alloy is costly when compared to the steel alloys. As aluminum is more malleable when compared to the steel it is easier to machine the aluminum parts and make them into sheet metals.
- If we compare the weights of the two alloys, steel is nearly 2.5 times denser than the aluminum alloy.
- When installing the ventilation system on the roof top it is advisable to have a light weight parts on the roof top.
- There are other type of materials too that are used in the ventilation system. They are polymers and wood.
- Polymer tubes are used in order to reduce the weight of the entire ventilation system or to reduce the effect of corrosion in the tubes.
- Wood is a bad conductor of heat so wood is wrapped around the parts where heat is generated. This keeps the heat dissipation low so that the other parts of the system do not get heated.
- The other parts of the ventilation system like shutter are made of poly elements which are light in weight.
The properties of materials also determine the type of ventilation system that needs to be installed in the industry in order to have an efficient system with less maintenance.
Every mechanical system has a certain life time or life cycle, so that it can perform well in the described time. After that period, the system will start giving trouble. So it is important to maintain regular services to the parts of the ventilation system to ensure safety to the entire work place.
- A ventilation system always move the air in and out i.e., the parts of the ventilation system are being exposed to different kinds of gases.
- Most of the parts in the ventilation system are made of metallic elements, so they get corroded easily.
- If we use a low corrosion metal, it will cost more for the industry.
- The parts of the ventilation system are exposed to high temperatures and pressures based on the area of the application. So it is common that the parts of the ventilation system get damaged.
- Repair is also seen in the parts such as exhaust fans and air cleaner.
- In case of fan or the air cleaner the entire mechanism is changed in order to make the ventilation system better.
Regular checking of the system
- We know that in case of a local exhaust type the air is subjected to move through the air cleaner which will absorb the contaminated air and saves the air inside for a long time until it is being discharged outside.
- Regular checking of system is employed in order to clean the air cleaner and to remove the air inside it.
- We must also take care of the tubes as they are in contact with the contaminated air. If proper inspection is not performed regarding the tubes of the ventilation system it can cause a serious human loss in the organization or can cause a long term health issue to the humans working in the industry.
- The regular checking of the system also involves checking of the air flow rates and the performance of the system periodically.
- The maintenance steps involve obtaining specific information and comparing with design data. Set baseline for future installations where satisfactory air containment is currently being achieved.
- Make sure that government regularities are met by the ventilation system.
- Testing of the ventilation system can be done in two ways – initial testing and periodic testing. Some mechanical components are to be lubricated regularly depending upon the area of the applications of the mechanical device.
Changing of the parts
- The ventilation system parts will be subjected to wear and tear as there are many moving parts in it.
- Some parts will be subjected to high physical conditions such as temperature and pressure, and the toxic nature of gases because some parts to deform, corrode, wear and get tear etc.
- So, the parts must be changed in order to maintain a good standard of the ventilation system in the industry.
- Though the parts are not either corroded or deformed, there is a necessity of changing the parts, because some mechanical components may have fault inside it. So, in order to stop an accident in the future we must check and replace the components inside system.
Regular inspection of the parts of the ventilation system always improve the quality of the air that is being inhaled by the system and the cooling effect will also be persisted.