While content marketing is an effective way of building a brand and reaching the targeted audience, video content has revolutionized the way people consume content. The significance of video marketing boomed in recent times and has become more important than ever as a marketing tool. While an effective content marketing strategy is crucial for brand building, videos are indispensable parts of that strategy.
Videos deliver maximum information interactively and entertainingly. Moreover, videos are visually appealing that easily give the brand a voice which helps gain the trust of the viewers/consumers. Videos also help build the authenticity of a brand that can make a significant difference in achieving the targets of marketing and sales.
A study by Insivia states that video consumption on mobile is growing by 100% every year. This is the reason why brands, irrespective of their sizes, are focusing on video content. When done creatively, the video proves to be a powerful form of spreading a message and an incredible way to establish interaction with the viewers.
Creative, informative, interactive, and high-quality videos have more demand as they attract and engage more viewers. However, speaking in detail, there are certain specific kinds of videos that attract the most viewers which can ultimately help in building a brand with a distinguished identity and the results will reflect as increased website traffic.
- Product/service videos: Consumers/customers are always in search of maximum information about a product/service before taking the final decision to purchase it. In such cases, videos of products/services become a rich source of gathering information for them. Such videos create an emotional connection between the product/service and the consumers. Whatever may be the product/service, with proper description, information, and presentation, a video will draw the attention of consumers most.
- Animated explainer videos: It is not just about the videos of products/services, short animated explainer videos also easily draw the attention of viewers. A video marketing survey found that 81% of businesses using explainer videos on their homepage have witnessed an increase in sales. These animated explainer videos are short, helpful, and playful with excellent message-delivering features.
- Tutorial videos: Short and practical ‘how-to’ videos or tutorial videos have high demand online. Several online video consumers easily get drawn towards tutorial or training videos with a practical explanation about a product/service. According to Google reports, the search for ‘how to has witnessed a massive growth of over 140% in the last decade. Consumers learn how to use a particular product/service from these ‘how-to’ videos with a practical explanation.
- Review videos: Videos of product/service reviews work excellently as they easily attract most viewers. Online consumption of review videos is always win-win as people certainly like to learn more about the product/service before purchasing. Viewers get a visual experience of the product/service from these review videos which goes a long way in impacting their decision-making. For instance, in the case of a mobile phone or any other gadget, unboxing videos are quite popular on different video streaming platforms.
- Vlogs: The craze for vlogs has spiked recently. Instead of wasting time reading written blogs, online consumers prefer vlogs which are essentially video blogs that serve visual experience along with other interactive features. Well, the vlogs must be informative, engaging, and entertaining with adequate visual treatment.
- Live streaming videos: The response towards live streaming videos is much higher. Livestream found in a survey that 80% of respondents prefer watching live-streaming videos of a brand instead of the videos in the playlist. Be it an event, presentation, review, vlog, tutorial, or BTS video, live-streaming videos work magnificently for everyone. Such videos significantly increase trust in the brand while fetching views which ultimately reflects on the subscription and monetization.
Broadly speaking, the basic rule underlining all these types of videos that attract more viewers is of course the quality of the content. Thus, developing high-quality and informative videos is quintessential.