As the name says, ‘Green Engine’ is pollution free engines which is invented with new features. Green engine is a internal combustion engine which has six phases. It is an amazing discovery and it is also environmental friendly engine.
The internal combustion engine used in the preparation of green engine have some modifications done in its design and parts. The efficiency of this engine is very high compared to the other conventional or traditional engines. This engine is suitable to the present environmental conditions.
Why green engine?
- The main purpose behind the out come of the green engine is energy crisis which is the alarming factor that world is facing today.
- The environmental problems like release of harmful gases can be avoided through this green engine.
These major factors or the global issues that we are facing today lead to the invention of green engine which is very useful today.
Technical features of green engines:
- The air intake is direct without any inlet valves
- Injection of the fuel can be done directly
- It has the capacity of super air-fuel mixing
- It has the lowest surface to volume ratio
- The combustion time is controllable
- The engines works on multiple power pulses
- Working temperature of the engine is high
- Expansion ratio of the engine is high making the waste gases run away from the engine
- As the working of the engine is smooth the vibration of the engine is eliminated
- The size of the engine is small and have the limited parts
Working of green engines:
The working of green engine involves six phases:
The air in the green engine arrives directly through air intake pipe if the air inlet pipe, inlet valve and the throttle is not present in the air intake system.
The rushing air which is coming from the duct is pushed in to rotor were small chambers are present and the chamber is very small. This type of compression is efficient.
The chamber which is in front of the fuel injector sprays fuel in the compressed air and the fuel gets mixed up with the air because of the shape of the chamber.
The volume of the combustion is constant and the combustion time is controllable. The chamber rotates here and reaches the end of the path. The spark then flies from the plug in to the mixture of air-fuel.
The gas which is expanded rushes out of the chamber through the opening which is narrow.
The exhaust gases gives less amount of heat i.e, heat energy is less as the thermal energy is utilized most of the time.
Advantages of green engines:
- Efficiency of the green engine is high
- Highly reliable when compared to other conventional engine
- Cost of the engine is low
- Engine manages the use of hydrogen fuel which is eco-friendly
- Operation of the green engine is smooth
- Multiple fuels can be used to run this engine
- Emission of the gases is merely zero
- The accelerating response is very fast