Search engine optimization (SEO) is a marketing technique by which number of visitors to a website increases in order to obtain a high rank in the search result page of search engines. Small businesses avail many advantages from SEO, thus a better decision in investing in search engine marketing. In this article, we will discuss briefly the importance of SEO for small businesses.
Importance of SEO for small businesses
Following will help you understand the importance of search engine optimization (SEO) for your business.
1) Finds new customers and helps in growth of the business: A business that has a website grows twice the time of the business that has no website. SEO helps you in gaining better ranks in search engine page, thus attracting more visitors and customers.
2) New markets are explored: If SEO campaign is successfully done, it will help you in finding new markets and exploring new economies. This can get your website huge crowd of people, thus improving the performance of SEO.
3) Awareness of brand through better rankings: One of the implications of SEO is brand awareness. Most users likes to trust brand appearing in the first place when they try to search for a term instead of the brands which don’t have a good web presence. Small businesses that require building brand awareness should invest in SEO in order to obtain top position for the term relating to their business. Thus SEO plays an important role to build or to destroy a brand.
4) SEO is a good social media: High ranking web page will also help in gaining social media exposure. For SEO purposes, social media popularity is good. SEO helps in bringing social media more visible.
5) Makes your business open 24×7: A business with SEO that gets big number of visitors because it works 24 hours a day. It is, therefore, a better idea of investing some time and money for getting your website on top position of search engine page results and attract new customers even when your business is closed.
6) Helps in achieving better conversion rates: SEO is faster and easier to use and has compatibility with mobile and tablet devices. This helps in achieving better conversions ; people who visit the website become customers or loyal visitors.
7) Staying up-to-date: As SEO is a continuous activity, it will give you advice that are necessary and you will not miss any opportunity that comes your way.
8) Bypass competition: If the two businesses are are selling the same products and at similar prices, but one of them has SEO and the other has web presence that is non optimized, which company do you think is growing faster with success ? Obviously the company that has SEO. If a business is not doing SEO, it is likely that they are going to be eased out from the industry unless they undertake a good SEO strategy.