Usually, fitness equipment is divided into two categories, for strength training and for cardiovascular exercises. Few types of fitness equipment which are used by body builders, athletes, and ordinary people to look fit and healthy are:
- Treadmill: This is considered as one of the popular cardio fitness equipments most people use, and can be bought approximately for low cost from stores. The benefit of using the treadmill is it comes with options to adjust the speed, increasing it gradually, and some also come with adjustable slopes which makes exercise more challenging.
- Stationary Bike: This is also a good fitness equipment for obtaining the benefits of biking (cycling) indoors. This equipment not only provides cardio conditioning, but also strengthens the muscles in legs.
- Elliptical Machine: It is also known as cross trainers, an elliptical machine or an elliptical trainer. It is one of the best fitness equipments in providing full-body exercise. It consists of peddles for exercising the legs which helps in exercising the lower body and also alternative handlebars for the arms which helps in exercising upper body. It’s an excellent way to burn a lot of calories with relatively less effort.
- Step Equipment: This is simple and very effective fitness equipment used to do cardio exercise. It comes with lightweights, which exercises the upper body, and also helps in exercising legs and buttocks.
- Resistance Fitness Equipment: They are available in various types like resistance bands, resistance rings, weighted balls, chest expanders, etc. They are similar to weight training and are generally used for toning, shaping, and strengthening of body.
- Stability Ball: This is also known as physio ball or Swiss ball and helps in developing and strengthening of core muscles of the body. It is versatile and person can sit on it and do pelvic tilts, or lie back on it for doing ab exercises, or used for stretching exercises.
- Weight Machines: This a compact multi-gym fitness equipment which is used to do total exercise, from squats, to arm workouts, to shoulder workouts, to ab crunches, to bench presses, to leg extensions.