According to the recent FBI stats, more than two million home thefts took place in 2010. However, many incidents could have been prevented by having a security system for their homes. The following are the top 10 reasons why a home security system is important.
Need to create a defense
- Setting up a home security system leads to the creation of defense at the entry, where the probability of getting caught plays a keys role.
- When a protection system exists, there is a chance for the thief to move to a less risky target.
It promotes to keep your family members safe
- The peace of mind that comes from knowing your family is safe is invaluable.
- Knowing that you have the protection of a security system will help you a lot whether it is the middle of a day, when the kids get back from school, or the middle of a night, when you are all sleeping.
An insurance plan for security system setup
- Every recognized insurance company will give a discount for a home owner’s insurance when there is a security system set up.
- The savings are in the range of 10% to 20% and will definitely aid in covering the price of getting a security system and the regular monthly service fees.
More enjoyable vacations
The extreme comfort is in knowing that your residence is protected, while you are on vacation. In addition to the preventing of a break-in or alerting police for being there, many alarm systems for residence will even check your home for water, fire, smoke and carbon monoxide which provides added advantage to ensure that everything is fine at your home place.
Immediate response to any emergency
- With a home security system monitoring your house, a break-in or other event can decrease loss and damage, as police, fire department, etc. can be informed immediately.
- Numerous safety systems provide various means through a monitoring service that will certainly deliver support quicker, rather than later on.
Increase resale value of your residence
Yes, having a home security system will certainly add value to your house. When offering a residence for sale, a security system can be mentioned in the listing to easily provide you add on point when compared to similar properties.
- Additionally, customers would place value on the security, so that their families excite in right away after they get their new residence.
Safeguard oneself from more than simply a criminal.
- In the present market most of the alarm systems for homes consist of various add-on options like inclusion of fire, water, smoke and carbon monoxide detection systems as part of the total mechanism.
- In case of emergencies like starting of fire or breaking of washing machine connections, you would be knowing immediately and the damages can be minimized by timely adaptation of preventive measures.
Watch your home from anywhere
- With the advancement in technology, many equipment have made their way for the home security system along with a facility of video surveillance.
- By putting cameras at required places, the entire place can be monitored while you are away from your residence – may be at work place or on a vacation.
Savings on energy costs
Similar to sensors for water and smoke detection, many home security systems come along with the control of thermostats, lighting and other electrical devices.
Be in complete control.
It has become simple with the technology advancements that are readily available today to control and look your front door from your smart phone or any internet connected device. There are a variety of home automation technologies that are available as part of a home security system.
In today’s world, many individuals do not take security systems until they have actually been victimized by a theft in their house. The need for a home security system becomes important these days, because of the happening of increased number of attacks and thefts.