People are extra cautious of external cleaning of their bodies today. But what about internal cleaning of body? We all know that our body works like a machine and has to be continuously cleaned and maintained. The body contains toxins from the decayed food particles present in our body. Due to these toxins, free radicals are formed and can lead to severe health issues. The body releases toxins in the form of mucus, gas, acid, sweat, urine and stool. So, these toxins that has to be removed and cleaned for the proper functioning of the body. To remove these toxins from our body, we can opt for Yoga cleansing techniques.
Yoga cleansing techniques help clean and detoxify the internal parts of our body like the digestive system and the airways. Apart from the health benefits, it offers preventing of diseases.
However Yoga cleansing includes varieties of techniques. Shatkarma is part of Yoga. Shatkarma, according to the Hatha Yoga involves six yogic cleansing processes of the body such as Neti, Basti, Tratak, Kapalabharti and Nauli. These processes clean the eyes, respiratory system, food pipes, and tone up abdominal viscera and the small intestine.
Benefits of Yoga cleansing are as follows:
- Stimulates the mind and aids in removing lethargy.
- It eliminates the toxins and help build resistance to diseases.
- It washes and cleans the parts of the body such as the colon, sinus tracts, the stomach etc.
- It also helps develop greater self-awareness.
- It provides massaging effect to the applied areas thereby it helps in effective working of the organs.
- Prevents aging.
- Vital capacity improves.
- It increases one’s capacity to think, digest, taste, feel and express.